Request for Action
If you have a complaint about a traffic signal malfunctioning, damaged or missing stop sign, or debris obstructing the road, it is important that we address these problems as soon as possible. Please call the Request for Action Hotline at (239) 533-9400 or fill out this Request for Action Form online.
Examples of problems to report:
- Drainage Problem
- Pothole or Pavement Drop-Off
- Trees or Bushes Obstructing
- Shoulder/Median Mowing
- Traffic Signal Complaint
- Traffic Sign Complaint
- Debris or Trash along roadway
- Large dead animal in the roadway ( eg.: cow, horse, deer or hog)
- Hurricane Debris in Canals, Streams and Other Waterways only
FOR AFTER-HOURS EMERGENCY ROAD CONDITION PROBLEMS ONLY:
If you are reporting an emergency road condition problem after 5:30 p.m., or on a weekend or holiday, please call the Lee County Emergency Operations Center at (239) 337-2000.
Lee County Jurisdiction:
- Lee County DOT maintains all traffic signals, with the exception of those under construction, through agreements with the Florida DOT and with cities.
- Lee County DOT has jurisdiction over county-maintained roads only, but can assist you with referral to other agencies.
- Search County-maintained roads
State Roads, Interstate 75 and U.S. Routes:
For signs, markings and roadway maintenance on state roads (S.R.), Interstate 75 and U.S. routes, contact Florida DOT at (239) 656-7800.
Other than selected major county roads, most street lighting is maintained by Florida Power & Light (FPL) at (800) 468-8243 the Lee County Electric Coop (LCEC) at (239) 656-2300.
Lee County does not maintain street lighting within subdivisions or along non-county maintained roads. Call (239) 533-9500 if unsure who to contact.