Welcome to Lee County’s
Office of Sustainability
Click HERE to review the plan, completeLee.
Click the arrow BELOW to hear what community and business leaders have to say about the value of sustainability to Lee County.
- Natural evolution of long-standing values, policies, and initiatives set forth by the community and the Lee County Board of County Commissioners
- A way to approach planning, projects, services, and budgets from a holistic point of view
- It's good for the bottom line---corporations are adopting sustainability initiatives to meet market demands, save money and protect environmental resources
- Sustainability promotes economic diversity and attracting businesses, a high-skilled workforce, visitors, and residents
- 96% of respondents to a 2013 survey of more than 1,000 residents indicate sustainability is important for Lee County's future. That's up 5% from 2011.
Click the image below to see some of the latest sustainability efforts in Lee County:
What is Sustainability?
For Lee County, sustainability means striking a balance between the economic, environmental and social needs of our unique community without compromising the ability and needs of future residents and visitors. Collectively these elements create the foundation for our quality of life in Lee County.